Monday, August 10, 2009

Forecast

Something like a torrent came today. Hard to say if anyone expected all the rain, how it showed up overnight, like the flu. They say grace is like that, like rain. Maybe because they both come at no one's behest: Heaven just about its business, shedding sheets of love, water, blessing. The only thing about it is duration, when the shower won't let up and everything soaks through. Fabric starts to smell or the basement floods. It all gets musty, moldy. It's partial to suppose this life, graced, is changed enough, like that's the whole of it. Not wrung, nor washed.

3 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

very nice little musing...

cindyhan111 said...

yes, I can 'smell' this...

Emily said...

you got a comment from L.L. Barkat!

Also, I love this post. I went to church with my parents today at my old church, and the new pastor was talking about how difficult it is for us to just accept grace. Kind of like everyone freaking about rain in August. "Why??"