Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Quick Word

Poet and author L.L. Barkat, along with Marcus Goodyear, a couple gang members over at High Calling Blogs and T.S. Poetry, are some of the moving pieces behind T.S. Poetry Press. And starting now, they are two people who will be publishing my first book, a book of poetry. I have just submitted my manuscript for their review, a process that felt exactly like sending a piecemeal hunk of my innards through the E-mail, and after a summer of editing, we expect the book sometime in fall; but, like babies and meteorology, who can really tell with these things?

Meanwhile, this week I broke ground on my first full-length album. My friend Chandler and I have been logging some significant hours in his studio, and are sure to log plenty more with friends and musicians. The project has been on the back-burner of my mind for quite some time, and I’m thrilled to be laying the groundwork. July will be a busy month; but, between recording an LP and writing a book of poetry, I’d say I wouldn’t want to be doing anything else. Indeed, I wish every day could be July.

8 comments:

ChristineBeth said...

have i told you lately that you are annoyingly talented? you are. so exciting!

Jory M. Mickelson said...

Superfantastic!

L.L. Barkat said...

Congratulations. ;-)

L.L. Barkat said...

I want to hear the album. Where can I find it?

Hey, congrats on the poetry book. ;-) Seriously though, what a pleasure.

dave said...

It's really hard to say exactly how available the album will be. But you're in a good place, knowing the artist and all.

Sam Van Eman said...

Hi, Dave. I'm one of the editors at HighCallingBlogs.com. I wanted to stop by to meet you and welcome you.

And after reading this post, I can also say "Congratulations!"

dave said...

Thanks, Sam. Good to meet you, too.

Maureen said...

Congratulations.